Every March 2, the MMA celebrates the MMA’s Day to commemorate the day when the Prince Alexander Karadjordjevic issued the Decree on the establishment of the first Central Military Hospital. Since its establishment up to now, this military hospital in Belgrade has changed its location six times, growing gradually from the Danube Division Military Hospital and the Army District Principal Military Hospital to the Central Military Hospital of the Yugoslav National Liberation Army and today’s edifice standing on the Banjica Hill. The Military Medical Academy was established in 1949. Eleven years later, in 1960, the Assembly of the Federal People’s Republic of Yugoslavia passed the Act on the Military Medical Academy. The construction of a new MMA’s building, one of the symbols of Belgrade, was completed in 1981. By the decision of the Republic of Serbia Government taken on December 13, 2007, the Military Medical Academy has been functionally integrated into the National Health System with 40% of its capacities. That Agreement went into force on January 1, 2008.