The Council has 21 members, named by Teaching-Scientific Council. Among them, the obligatory Council member is the coordinator of scientific-research assignments at the Military Medical Academy.
The activities of the Scientific-Research Council include:
- Consideration and suggestion of the MMA’s scientific-research plan and program;
- Coordination of scientific-research work, project uniting and taking care of the rational economic consumption;
- Considering new scientific-research assignments and the given results;
- Delivering suggestions aimed at quality improvement in the defence system to the planning titular of scientific-research work in the Ministry of Defence;
- Suggesting to the Teaching-Scientific Council the collaboration with national and international scientific and teaching institutions.
The Council meetings are organized at least twice a year, depending on occasion. It communicates the annual work account to the Teaching-Scientific Council.